So I take a lot of photos of jewellery. And unfortunately I can not for the life of me find the photos I took prior to this point in the process of this ring. And let me tell you there are a bunch of steps before this. 8 pieces and 24 claws didn't just magically appear into this shape. Admittedly there were a few swear words when one of the settings decided to fling off the bench into thin air... all jewellers know this pain. But I think it was for the better because the second setting ended up being a better fit for the stones which were all slightly different sizes. I have found this seems to be the way with jewellery making. Usually if something isn't going to plan it's best not to force it because it's probably never going to be just right. This missing setting hasn't been recovered yet. I'll probably find it in 4 years time in some random spot and wonder where it came from 😄 and no doubt I will find the previous photos tomorrow now that I have posted this.